T Archer High Grade Antique Pistol
- Licensing Category: Antique
One of a pair of brass cannon Barrel Box Lock Pocket Pistols built by Thomas Archer (1780-1810). Both the barrel and frame are marked 1. The proofs are from the Gunmakers Co London. This pistol was originally built as a flint but later converted to percussion. The maker was a Birmingham based maker. The gun was London proofed prior to the creation of the Birmingham proof house. This piece shows an overall length of 8" with a 4" brass/silvered barrel. This piece shows a silver mask and silver in laid wire in the grips. Hand engraved frame and percussion hammer. The barrel shows a small WW2 Canadian stamped serial number. A very well executed conversion to percussion.